It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
Does anyone paly this game? I think it is a great game.

To my main two points: is Shivering Isles worth buying for it and what exactly do you do on this game on Xbox Live?

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:49 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shivering Isles is definetely worth the $$$ you have to put out for it. It basically doubles Oblivion's size.

And Oblivion isn't online; you can just download content for it online.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:19 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Post PS3
The game is done very well; the graphics and landscapes are beautiful and killing is a lot of fun. I was a little disappointed to find out that it was shorter than Morrowind, but it's still worth the buy. I like the leveling system much better than the last one. If that's the case with Shivering Isles, then I should get it soon. My only complaint is they need more voice actors and more random town missions.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was wondering what you did while connected. It couldn't think of how you would do stuff with people.

So, I guess I'll try to get Shivering Isles.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:30 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I bought Oblivion a little while after it's release, and I still enjoy playing it from time to time. I don't really have the money to spend on Microsoft Points, so I haven't been able to download the Shivering Isles expansion. The only additional content I've been able to get my hands on are the wizard's tower, pirate ship, and the newest one that was available for free recently... (can't remember the name, but it was a keep of some sort)

Out of all of the races, I've had more fun playing as a Khajiit. Maybe I'm a little biased since I love cats :p
One of the things I just can't stand in real life is a thief, but for some reason, I have the most fun playing as a bow thief. There's just something about being able to climb extremely high places that's very appealing to me.

[/rambling]

I know I didn't really address the question, but surely it wouldn't hurt to have a little bit of game-related discussion.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's fine, my questions have been answered. We can just talk about the game now.

I am one of the lizard people. I forgot the name. What species are you?

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:33 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have it on the PS3, and haven't played on it in a while, but I have to say, it's an amazing game. So detailed, so interesting, and so much to do!

I'm a wood elf, which is pretty cool, cos he's fast.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

gamer guy wrote:
I am one of the lizard people. I forgot the name. What species are you?

Argonians are the lizard people. As I said before, I'm a Khajiit - one of the cat people.

What do you guys like to do in the game? I like to look for jewels and store them in the display cases in my house. I've got quite a few of them :3
Another thing I have fun doing is trying to scale big buildings. I think the highest one I've been on is the roof of the Three Sisters Inn in Leyawinn.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I usually store things in my home that are unique to certain missions, but I also collect books, weapons and armor. It's much easier since there isn't a weight limit to containers in this game. I've never actually tried jumping on top of high places. I never really thought of it, because in the last one, jumping was ridiculous, and you could levitate. Now it's "outlawed." I should try that sometime. I always play with Redguards.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wish that I could get back into this game, it was so much fun, same with Morrowind, but I don't have the time anymore. :(

I think I collected books and bones mostly, the house in Anvil is good for storing things, I also made everyone in town fight each other a lot.

I remember hearing about a retail SI, maybe I should find it.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I made my Argonian into a thief/bow master thing. none of his skills portray that, but I went with it.

I like running around in and out of houses, stealing stuff. As of right now, I store the stuff in crates at the Fighters Guild. I don't have a house. :(

Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:59 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah this game was great. I loved walking in slowly in the coliseum when they'd call my characters name and kill the opponent in like one hit. The graphics were great and made you want to see everything the game has to offer.

I usually killed people and guards and run away on a horse. Oh I would kill the guards and take there weapons. I remember one day when I took my character to bed and he was woken up by this evil guy who wanted me to join there guild since they were watching all the bad things I was up too, this game was badass.

I never made it far in the story though, last time I played it the gate of oblivion opened in that one town.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was in this one town. It is the one that has alot of snow and the temple up to the north. (I am not good with names and places.) I angered a guard by trying to pickpocket him. He chased me and I ran and climbed on top of the houses. One ran around the house I was on and I watched it. He went on a side of the house you couldn't see from the road and just kept running at the house while he was jumping. Soon, there were around 10 guards running toward the house while jumping at it. I started shooting arrows and fireballs at them. After several minutes, I killed all of them and took as much of their stuff as I could. Then I stored it in some tent near one of the Oblivion Gates. I went back to the town to collect more stuff, but it was gone. I kept some of the stuff and sold the rest. Then I slept in a hotel for a mission I was on and I was met by the Dark Brotherhood. I haven't tried to join yet.

What is the easiest way to get a house?

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:26 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The best way to earn gold is to complete missions, but you only really start to make money when you're a higher level, because the rewards are higher as well. Most things are progressive and based off your level. A good place to earn money is the Arena. After completing those missions, you can always return to fight monsters, and there's much to be made from that. It's also kind of difficult however, and it can only happen once a week, but it's definitely worth the try when you think about it to earn extra cash now and again. I've gained the highest tier, killing three Minotaur Lords and almost earned 5,000 gold. Also, the imperial city has a cheap home for 10,000 only, though it costs more to furnish it.

After you reach a certain level, a mission may be activated by over hearing a conversation in Anvil and asking about it. The mission allows you to purchase a deed for 5,000 gold, and after you complete this mission, the house comes fully furnished, and is the largest and nicest house in the game.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Poor console people, no mods, which is the best part of the whole game.

If your computer can run it well, definitely get the game for the PC. It is far superior graphically and game play wise. Of course, not many people have a rig powerful enough to run the game smoothly. Either way it is an awesome game, including Shivering Isles.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

DUST!

Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You read my mind. I was going to ask the differences between the PC version and the console version.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:21 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

One of the best ways I've found to make money is to periodically clear out the Infested Mine to the West. It's North of Kavatch along the border. Plenty of enemies inside all wearing expensive heavy armor and weapons. Of course, in order to take full advantage of the situation, one would have to have pretty high Mercantile skill. If you know who to sell to when you're done, you can make a lot more money there than you can at the arena.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah but the mines are so annoying.....

I think Rockwell Cave is the best place to earn money with like 40 Bandits and Marauders.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Kurushel wrote:
One of the best ways I've found to make money is to periodically clear out the Infested Mine to the West. It's North of Kavatch along the border. Plenty of enemies inside all wearing expensive heavy armor and weapons.

They only wear the armor when you're a higher level though. My brother played through the Arena first thing and made enough to buy a house. When you reach the level when people are wearing daedric and glass armor, money isn't really an issue worth asking about anymore. I assumed he was rather low though, but if he can find such armor, then yes, going through mines like that would be a far better idea. /ok

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Awseome, I love how detailed it is..now only if it was longer...

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It is a rather lengthy game. Have you bought Shivering Isles like suggested to me?

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I bought the Game of the Year edition last week. I'm playing as a Breton Spellsword. Oblivion is a really lengthy game but the main quest doesn't seem appealing to me just yet, I've just been collecting and selling as many items as I can find. A good tip is to kill Dorian in his house and take all of his gold if you're strapped for cash.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:55 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

DatVu wrote:
They only wear the armor when you're a higher level though.

Yeah, true. Still, it doesn't hurt to raid it every once in a while once you get that high :p

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

2x4b wrote:
I bought the Game of the Year edition last week. I'm playing as a Breton Spellsword. Oblivion is a really lengthy game but the main quest doesn't seem appealing to me just yet, I've just been collecting and selling as many items as I can find. A good tip is to kill Dorian in his house and take all of his gold if you're strapped for cash.

Dorian who? and where does he live? :O

I'm playing a just Silas. ^-^;

Right now, I've done about 2 thieves guild quests, buuut, I've fenced about 3,500 monies. :O I -should- be doing quests for the leader, but I haven't done enough missions. :x

The main quest is boring and tedious, whenever I see a Gate to Oblivion, I just keep going. I'm not doing any missions persay, because right now I'm just getting more money, because I want to buy the nicest house; the one in Skingrad. :(

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The gates aren't really apart of the main quest. You don't have to complete them (with the exception of a few later). The only prize from beating them would be gaining the Sigil Stone and bragging rights if you've completed them all.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next